Ping problem.

Thug

Hello Everyone. 

About week ago my ping used to be 60 to 70 on all bugged server.

However my ping has gone up to 165-175. 

There is no difference in my Download and upload speed. 

I get same ping on Bugged teamspeak about 45-52. 

I don't know what the problem is or is there anything I can do to make my ping go back as it used to be? 

Please give suggestion. 

It could be from the server, contact other english players and ask them if they have the same problem, sometimes the problem is from the server (only for those who are english players), if not, your internet may be the problem, try to plug off your router and than plug it in again.

Edited by Pon3

Hello Everyone. 

About week ago my ping used to be 60 to 70 on all bugged server.

However my ping has gone up to 165-175. 

There is no difference in my Download and upload speed. 

I get same ping on Bugged teamspeak about 45-52. 

I don't know what the problem is or is there anything I can do to make my ping go back as it used to be? 

Please give suggestion. 

Hello dude, concidering that you are not from Romania, is obvious for you to do not have the same ping like the Romanians players. I've seen you are from England, if your ping begins to rise, the problems are from you internet provider ( I know England hasn't the best internet providers ) or it's from the server, because he has a lot of moments with lag, especially when a lot of peoples are trying to connect on the server / a lot of players are in the same place. So, don't worry, the problem will be fixed in the future, if you will have the same problem again, go back and leave a reply, probably we can help you some advices.

Edited by flapp

Well, I have this problem too and I'm still having it. My ping is always 265-280. Sometimes It is 300+ especially when there are 900+ players online. You should try simple solution like turning off your router then turn it on after 2-3 minutes, it worked for me. I suggest you to turn off your router's wifi when you are playing. You can close running apps like ( Skype, Steam), I would recommend you to stop them in task manager. They uses 1% of your network. If you're still facing this problem, you should contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

By the way, are you romanian?

You can try this program cfos Speed. It helps in reducing ping. Even I use it and I'm satisfied with the results. You will feel the difference when you use it.

https://www.cfos.de/en/cfosspeed/cfosspeed.htm

I think that the servers are hosted at 0ping.ro which means the servers are hosted by dedicated servers from Bucharest so.. I don't know what are you guys supossed to do, get a better internet provider. The slowest in Romania is 50 mb/s and works perfectly fine. 

Edited by flapp

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the support. the problem was with the server. the new update fixed my issue.

My ping has gone back to 60-70.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Suzel

I think t that problem is because you are too far from the host.

Or it could be from the servers, i hope you have resolved the problem for good.

My problem is solved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, you should try to speak with another neighbour in your imediat area, because it is possible to be the ISP (Internet Service Provider). PING it is defined by the time of the response betwen you and the server, here in Romania. If your ISP changes the route of the traffic, the ping will rise up very bad, but also a ping of 100+ it is not usual, because from example, from a fiber optic conection of 1000Mb/sec I get 120ms ping to Kansas, Google Fiber, and the same speeds as here in Romania.

If it is your ISP, you may contact them technical support to ask about this problem, and you should also try to play SA:MP from another computer. 

If you want to make an comparation, if you are from Europe, it dosen-t matter if you are from Hungary, Germany, Spain, Italy, and so on, because the trafic is routed from your ISP to the Europe Network. All that leaves europe is going to the location through an oceanic optic fiber cable, and the distance makes that ping to rise up to 100+.

You can see in TAB players pings, and you can see if they are from Romania, or from another country just looking at the ping.

For example, a player who is playing from Romania, will have the ping comprised from 6-8ms to maximum 20-30ms. If a player has from 30 to up, it is or a Mobile Hotspot from our country, like Vodafone, Orange, Telekom or DIGI Mobile, and if the player arrives at 200-300ms it is certainly from another continent.

The problem that causes your ping rise it is not from our servers, because if you know Bugged servers are hosted in Bucharest Datacenter. This datacenter disposes to a 10Gb/sec connection from all principal ISPers from our Country.

In this SS you can see the traffic route from a Fiber Optic (FTTH) GPON (Gigabyte Passive Optical Network) network from Romania to green.bugged.ro:

So, my ping to Bugged Servers will be from 7.73ms to 8.83ms and maybe will rise if I go to a very busy area, for example an event, or CNN LS, etc.

The traffic is going through my optical equipement and arrives in the RCS-RDS backbone gateway located in Bucharest, this opperation finishes after a 8ms time.

5zt8TDK.png

And in this SS you can see the ping interval from the same FTTH line to bugged.ro site. PING test it is not allowed on SA:MP servers due to DDOS protection.:

jl9LHrH.png

Edited by Oddie

It could be from the server, contact other english players and ask them if they have the same problem, sometimes the problem is from the server (only for those who are english players), if not, your internet may be the problem, try to plug off your router and than plug it in again.

mjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm